Sunday, May 27, 2012

I love it when a plan comes together.

A good 9 mile ride in the books. I have been feeling like I need to get some stamina back in the legs and get the lungs working again so this was more of a training ride then finding good places to get the bike out there and see what I can do.

I could have tried to get a gym membership and kept on going to the gym every now and then. I could have paid more for hockey each session and had a blast. But I am very happy that I was able to find a bike that I am riding. I love the fact that at this point I am the limiting factor. The bike will do what I need of it.

After being away from biking for a while I have rekindled my passion for getting in the saddle. I am working on  getting a good cadence, and feeling in rhythm.  Each ride feels better and my legs and lungs allow me to keep riding and I have more and more fun.

So finally after figuring out that I wanted a new bike, going through a process of what to buy and now working my self back into riding, now I am seeing that the initial step of saying yes I want to mountain bike again was such a good plan. I am now feeling better, and seeing how awesome I feel after a good ride. Now I have to get my son working up on his 12 inch specialized so that we can start going out for little rides together.

No comments:

Post a Comment