Thursday, May 17, 2012

Old Borges Ranch RIde

This was a great place to ride. Still quite a lot of elevation change, 260 ft of it. This ride wasn't just go to the top and then fly down. You do climb right off the bat and then get into the meat of the ride.

 The first ridge you see here is actually what I climbed and then the fun decent during the last ride. You start in the valley on the opposite side which is where a creek bed lies. The hills in the background are those lush green hills which are already browning this early in late spring.

Late afternoon ride after work, this is about a third of the way up the hill as I was trying to get a decent sun bloom shot but didn't quite work out.
 
 Looking south east during the ride this is such a great view. What a great place to be able to ride! Glad I love exploring, but I am sure I will be visiting this place and getting some good riding in all summer long. This is in the East Bay Area in Northern California. Berkeley and Oakland are on the other side of those hills with San Francisco past them. Yet up here I feel like I am away from all the crazy population.

A few shots of the Airborne Guardian and the singletrack.



 Showing Mount Diablo looming over my riding area.

After the ride a parting shot of the trail.

So far the 29er is doing a good job of keeping me riding. I did have to break out the grease and take care of a creak in either the seat rails or the seat post. 

I am really loving the hydraulic disc brakes. They are a large upgrade from my previous Trek 950 and I have been confident in my ability to scrub speed or control the bike on some steep transitions. Overall I have positive things to say about the Guardian. For only $600 the bike has been a great purchase for me to get out and ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment