Tuesday, May 22, 2012

4.5 Miles and then a flat

I was thinking about changing out my front tube but was wanting to get some money out of the stock tube. Well after another wonderful thorn I am now running both tubes with slime and should not have to stop a ride due to a wonderful thorn.


I called my wife to come pick me up as I was about 2 miles away from home when I ran out of air. My wonderful little son kept saying, "we are going to save daddy!" My little hero.

I am feeling more and more comfortable on this bike. I am loving the 29er and would suggest to anyone to try one out. I was really hoping to pump out another good 7-8 mile ride but was stuck with the flat. Just have to make it up later this week.

I am thinking about picking up a CO2 Cartridge and Inflater. I guess I could just carry around a pump then I wouldn't have to worry about cartridges. Not sure which way to go. Probably I'll just grab a pump for sustainability versus having to discard and buy new cartridges. Any thoughts and ideas I would really appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. I'd recommend a small pump. I carry one on my bike for long trips. The advantage over a cartridge is you can use it to inflate the tube to find the hole. If nothing else, this helps you find the puncture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I actually picked up a Blackburn for that exact reason. Pump wont run out of air. I have not had any problems since I have the slime tubes in now. Everything I have encountered is the small little thorns and the slime takes care of that right away.

    ReplyDelete