Tuesday, July 3, 2012

2 Weeks of Vacation, bad for riding

I really, REALLY need to get a tow hitch and bike rack.

Taking my bike, my wife's bike, and my sons bike will need a rack. I am looking into getting a hitch with a Yakima or Thule bike rack as I have really liked their strap and mount systems.

I was on the bike last week for a 3.8 mile ride and an 8.8 mile ride. They really wore me out though after being away from riding after just 2 weeks. I was very surprised at the difference and am even more convinced I need to keep up with riding at the least 10 miles a week. After this riding season I want to really think about a goal for next year. Thinking around the 600 to 800 miles of off road riding. Will have to evaluate after I see how many miles I get in this year.

I hope to get up into the 400-500 mile range this year but that will include some on road rides. What I have also noticed is it is harder to get out and ride when you have wonderful children. I want to get home and spend time with them, but I also need to get out and ride. And so that is why the consistency needs to be there. Balance between riding for health and psychological well being and having enough time to work, and need some really good family time.

So Vacation was good, and now back to getting on the trails.



No comments:

Post a Comment