Friday, July 13, 2012

Riding is good

I have a nice little 8.83 mile loop I do from my house that has a few climbs and just a little bit of fun stuff. I have been doing this as a measurement to how well I am doing getting back into mountain biking and getting the legs and lungs working. I have been using Endomondo but am looking for other options that might be better. Looking at Strava and a couple others.

I rode to work last week because of some crazy work I had to get done over the weekend and then this week I did my loop again. I feel like I am back on track after the vacation being away from my Guardian.

So now my plan is to start doing some more exploring. I am going to go ride Briones, it is an area we have gone hiking numerous times, and have been looking forward to riding there. Part of this whole journey is making sure I am still having fun and improving my riding. And soon I will be heading up to Rockville. I have wanted my legs and lungs to be in better working shape when I head up there because of it being a ways to drive. I want to really enjoy the singletrack and more technical riding. I have always enjoyed the twisties and technical aspects of riding, where to weight the pedals. How to balance weight between the two contact points for the best traction to get over the obstacle or around the corner.

So I am getting into a groove and getting in 10 miles a week, but feel like I need to step that up and try and make sure I get 15 miles in each week. I continually want to progress as a rider but also really improve my fitness as I want to be a good example to my kids.

My son is really killing it on his 12" I need to keep raising the training wheels so he has to balance more and more. Going riding with him at least once a week now around the neighborhood or to the park. Now that is a great time on the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment