Saturday, July 21, 2012

Longest ride, fun ride

 This is my ride. A 18" Airborne Guardian. I bought this bike to get back into doing something outdoors and active so I can have more energy with my wonderful two kids. I have been trying to get in at least 10 miles a week and have been enjoying my new bike and my rekindled love of mountain biking.

I have been riding around 9 miles on a nice little loop plus another ride of a couple miles each week. This week I wanted to go further. I didnt get too much further then a thought, but it is progress. I pushed it to 10.4 miles. It was 90 degrees and baking with little shade to ride in.

Luckily I had my new hydration pack with me. I just bought a High Sierra pack for $25.00 from Costco.
Similar Product

This worked great as it kept the water cool and helped keep me hydrated. I would recommend a hydration pack as it allowed me to more easily drink on the go yet kept the water nice and cool. Very happy to have found one for so cheap.



Everything around is now shades of brown. I really wish I lived in an area that still had some lush greens. But luckily I have many places to ride and enjoy. Glad I did 10 miles. See if I can improve on that next week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blog, and your photos were very much my inspiration for purchasing my own Guardian. I've got over 30 singletrack miles on it and only had it since Thursday. It's a definite upgrade from my fully rigid bike. Great comments, awesome photos, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I wish I had some good singletrack around here. All the regional parks think that singletrack is for hiking or horses, bah. Thanks for the feedback. I started this blog as a record for me to push myself to ride each week and work on my riding and fitness. I have been having lots of fun with it and am glad you enjoy it. Also am glad you are having fun on your Guardian. Great bike for the cost. I am so happy I bought mine.

    ReplyDelete