Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lungs burning, legs of rubber

So I was able to get in a good 7 mile ride in. Wow, now I remember why I bought the bike. To get some exercise which I actually like. Hockey is too expensive each year with two kids, but a $600 bike for hopefully 5 years is a good buy(5 being a lowball estimate)

The ride was good, I was able to map out where I wanted to get to and I took off on the Guardian. The bike does ride nice and I was able to just have fun getting to the trails. The couple big hills reminded me of why I need to ride, I have to get miles on the tires every week. Those hills made the heart pound, the muscles burn, and the lungs ache.

The bike did perform good. I love the Hydraulic disc brakes, they worked as expected and having a front shock was actually enjoyable. I rode down an extremely bumpy single-track that was quite the descent and had no problems controlling the bike or the speed. I felt very connected and in control.


I found a little friend as I was riding along. Nice little snake minding his own business. I was hoping he would curl up so I could get a better shot but he just kept moving along.






 I took a few photos, from the open space in the midst of the crazy California suburbs. I cant wait to explore more of the area and some more great trails.
Thank you Airborne, so far I am happy about my experience.

I need another ride this weekend, my goal is set at 10-20 miles of riding each week. Gotta keep riding.

Thanks for coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment