Thursday, April 19, 2012

Getting it all together

I admit I had a few frustrations. The first was that chain dropped off the first cog on the front sprocket. This scratched the paint and was a minor irritation. But that meant the front derailleur was a little off because the low limit let the chain drop onto the bottom bracket shell.

I took all the bubble wrap, and cardboard off the frame, cut the twine holding everything tight and getting the bike rolling was a simple matter.

1)Putting the wheel on the front
2)Getting the handle bar onto the stem
3) and putting the seat tube in.
4) The last piece was the pedals. I only needed three tools for the whole process. A number 5 allen key, a screwdriver, and a wrench for the pedals.

 Getting the front derailleur tuned was a little hassle but nothing that I couldn't figure out with a little help from youtube to make sure I did things in the correct order and spacing.
Now to get some miles on the tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment