Sunday, June 17, 2012

I miss my Airborne

On vacation for a couple weeks and I am missing my bike. We went up north to the Portland, OR area and have been having a great time. There is so much amazing nature to be seen. I wish I had the bike up here but dont know when I would be able to ride because we have just been busy doing family hikes and sight seeing.
 This is Mount Shasta. HUGE, 13 thousand and some odd feet tall. Such a majestic and amazing mount.
 Then the iconic Mount Hood. This is where I learned to ski and then snowboard. There are so many places around Hood and the Columbia Gorge to hike and camp. I am sure I could find some great trails to bike around here.
 Crown Point sits at the entrance to the gorge, and just a sight to behold. The drive up there is fun too. This is looking east into the mouth of the gorge. Up further near Hood River is one of the world's best places for wind surfing.
 Multnomah Falls. 532 feet of water dropping. Gorgeous at any time of the year. Always love going here and hiking.
Finally the most active mountain in the Cascade range. Mount Saint Helens. Was fun showing my kids the power of mother nature. My son was amazed and he remembers the volcano. Such a great  trip and soon to be headed back to NorCal and back to riding. It has been great to have some time off but I am missing my riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment